Do you receive unwanted calls from telemarketers? There has been a significant increase in the number of illegal unwanted calls in the past few years. Each year the FCC receives tens of thousands of unwanted call complaints. Unwanted calls, including robocalls and telemarketing calls, are consistently a top consumer complaint at the FCC.
The Commission is committed to protecting consumers from unwanted calls and giving them more control over the calls and texts they receive.
The Commission has tackled unwanted calls on as many fronts as possible:
- by implementing new rules,
- ruling on questions raised about the law,
- taking enforcement action,
- keeping consumers informed of their options,
- encouraging new pro-consumer innovation, and
- urging the private sector to do more to combat unwanted calls.
If you have received an unwanted call and you want to file a complaint with the FCC you can fill out this form. You will need to select unwanted calls (including do not call and spoofing) as the Phone Issue.
If you want to read more about the issue of unwanted calls, see our consumer guides.