Do you receive unwanted calls from telemarketers? Is your own telephone number being spoofed, blocked, or labeled as a possible spam call?
The FCC is committed to doing what we can to protect you from these unwelcome situations. The FCC has tackled unwanted calls and spoofing on as many fronts as possible by:
- providing tips to consumers to thwart unwanted calls and spoofing,
- implementing new rules to better protect and empower consumers,
- taking enforcement action against bad actors,
- keeping consumers informed of their options,
- encouraging new pro-consumer innovation, and
- encouraging the private sector to do more to combat unwanted calls and texts.
If you want to learn more about unwanted calls and caller ID spoofing, see our consumer guide.
File a Complaint
We do not resolve individual unwanted call complaints, but your complaint provides valuable information that we use to inform policy decisions and as the basis of potential enforcement actions against callers violating our rules. Concerns about this issue generally fall into two categories:
- Unwanted Calls - If you have received an unwanted call you can fill out this form. You will need to select “unwanted calls” as the Phone Issue and then “all other unwanted calls” as the sub-issue. If you received an unwanted call from an international number in a format other than 555-555-5555, you can report the number in the “Additional Information” field on the complaint form.
- Your Number Is Being Spoofed - If your number is being spoofed, blocked, or labeled as potential spam you can fill out this form. You will need to select “unwanted calls” as the Phone Issue and then “my own number is being spoofed” as the sub-issue.